HLT provides users/customers the ability to submit information to our Website, including personally-identifiable information such as a unique access ID, profession, title, and contact information, such as name and e-mail address. We may also collect information that is about you but does not identify you and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
HLT uses your information to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, to fulfill your requests for publications or other information, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information, to provide you with notices about your account, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer. HLT also uses information to perform statistical analyses of user behavior in order to measure interest in specific areas and articles posted on our Website.
Protecting Your Privacy
HLT is committed to respecting your privacy and security as user of our Website. We recognize your need for appropriate protection and the responsible management of the personally identifiable information you share with us. Security is one of our highest priorities and we have devoted a great deal of effort to ensure that our online security measures help to safeguard your information. HLT has no desire or intent to infringe on your privacy while using the HLT Website.
Discolsure of your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of HLT Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by HLT, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HLT, Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
HLT has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized HLT personnel are provided access to personally-identifiable information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
User ID and Password Management
- Access to certain services is reserved to registered users/customers and only permitted through the use of a User ID and a password.
- The User ID and password are strictly personal, and their use is allowed only to the customer who has undertaken the registration. The customer is responsible for carefully safeguarding the User ID and password and keeping them secret, and must notify HLT as soon possible in case of loss or theft. HLT declines any responsibility for the illegitimate or improper use of the User ID and/or the password and for any damage the registered customer and/or third parties may incur as a result. HLT nevertheless reserves the right to take whatever legal actions are necessary to protect its rights in this regard.